7.11.11

Pure Style













The French have it in spades don't they. When I say "it", I mean "It".

This integral sense of style that rarely puts a foot wrong. From modern to traditional, and all the parts in between, they put up the most amazing interpretations.

This amazing fit out of the Veuve Clicquot hotel in Reims blew my mind. The hall of mirrors (and we know the French do that well don't we), the graduated stair runner and the jaw dropping crystal. But by far my favourite detail is the black mosaics in the bathroom simply, but so perfectly, teamed with  classic gold fittings. Pure style.

Images via yatzer

7 comments:

debra@dustjacket said...

Oh I saw pics of this too...I was blown away by the sculpture of the bench turning transforming. Amazing place.
xxx

Unknown said...

I love a great divide and that mirror divide in the 1st pic is truly one for the memory banks.
xK

Shelley Trbuhovich said...

pure glam i'd say, doll. have had a little time up my sleeve to peruse the blogworld again. so glad to be visiting your's x

The House That A-M Built said...

Oh wow, just glorious. If there were pictures of 'glorious' in the dictionary, they would be these! A-M xx

Anne-Marie @ 10 Rooms said...

COME ON! There is So much I love here. It feels like the home of a very refined artist. Think I'm going to have to post about the stairs, with that ombre runner that bleeds into the wall...so fantastical...

melissa loves said...

Whoa! There is so much gorgeous glam here, I kind of can't get over it! LOVE that dark shower with gold hardware...wow. This is beautiful my friend....thanks for sharing it!
xo
Melis

Cherisse said...

I love these photose. The mirror above the fireplace is amazing. I also love the staircase!

Related Posts with Thumbnails