26.1.10

We're Happy Little Vegemites







Can't get anywhere near close to being able to explain how proud I am to be an Aussie. Our country is an amazing vast, open and beautiful place. I love the way Aussies on the whole attack life, are accepting, embrace the outdoors and love a good laugh. We are truly blessed with amazing countryside, incredible coastline and who could forget - meat pies and vegemite!

Today is Australia Day and many of us will be out in the warm summer air lying on the grass watching fireworks, some will be surfing, some will be laughing with their mates around the bbq at home, and some will be calling back home from somewhere far away in the world...but one thing I'm sure of is that we're all incredibly greatfull to call Australia home. (confession : I get tears in my eyes every single time I hear Peter Allen's 'I Still Call Australia Home', it's a total Pavlovian response!)

Happy Oz Day!

Images from here, here and here. 

4 comments:

debra@dustjacket said...

Oh I second that for sure!
xxx

Lisa said...

Happy Aussie Day to you Jules!
Lisa x

Petit Elefant said...

I sometimes forget that there's another season on the other side of the world. I've always wanted to visit your beautiful country, and I hope to come say hello to you when I do.

hugs.
allison

escapade said...

Happy Aussie day Jules!
You're right to be proud to be Aus - every single one I know is fantastic!

Related Posts with Thumbnails