20.5.11

Better Execution









Seeing this loft by NZ architects Fearon Hay took me back, many many years. To a time when I was lying in a hospital bed as a girl, and looking at the ceiling, bored out of my little brain. I clearly remember looking at the curtains that formed subway lines around the massive ceiling and thinking, wonder if I can talk mum into putting these up in my room so I can shut out my sister!

So glad to see it like this in a domestic application, carving an open space up when needs be and creating a more intimate space. Far better execution of the idea than just for screening out an annoying older sister and her Bay City Rollers posters.

Images via design folio


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy moly, how I love floor to ceiling curtains instead of walls!

<3 E

http://inpsiredbylifeerin.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails