23.6.10

Smidge Obsessed











I'm becoming a smidge obsessed with rings at the moment. I've always fancied a big, knock your socks off ring, but lately I'm really loving the armor rings and other styles that extend down over the middle joint. Vivienne Westwood does a very nice armor ring, the silver ring in the second image is one of hers, and Marc Jacobs does a really nice long silver spiral ring that I'm into also.

And then (and as you can see, it has become a bit obsessive) there's the double finger rings. The knuckle dusters. So many cool examples around of those too. I think one of those could be quite handy for some site meetings. "Whad'ya mean you won't have the gabion walls finished in time eh?"

Anyone else been afflicted yet with a similar obsession? Has it developed into a purchase? Would love to hear about it.

Images from one, two, three, four, five, six, seven & eight, all via weheartit

11 comments:

Kerri - Driftwood Interiors said...

I'm with you Jules, the bigger the better, and more than one at a time is even better again. What's not to love about a big, fat, fistfull of bling? K xx

Mariska Meijers said...

can't call those rings anymore. artwork!xx

Diana Mieczan said...

Stunning little pieces of art...I love the last long one....So cool...Kisses darling and enjoy your day!

Razmataz said...

The rings are gorgeous, I too love the armour rings, but my hands are not delicate, and I always feel they look awful with hugs rings.

The photography of those rings is wonderful.

debra@dustjacket said...

Oh yes standover tactics....actually those could do a bit of damage ... no I'd probably break my own finger. Very cool.
xoxo

Anonymous said...

I know they would stay in a drawer if I ever bought them, so I just obsess away in theory, and things usually go out of style after a while.

I think that's what they're FOR... sort of unobtainable.

Unknown said...

YES YES YES YES YES! - i'm a jewlery girl - when i see pieces like the one's above - i SNATCH em' as quick as i can - LOVE this stuff!!!!

*kiss kiss*
Erika
~Tiptoe Butterfly~

Kelle Dame said...

Exactly what DJ said! I would think I'm all tough and bad ass and then I would just hurt myself :) I do love these though and it would be worth the pain!

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

I'm a huge ring freak! The more the better :)

Mlle Paradis said...

well if i were still a teeny bopper (casting no aspersions on yourself, J!) i would be mad for these things. but since i'm a grownup and realize i have short arms on a short body and that having alot of things hanging off me totally DRIVES ME CRAZY! i will pass on the rings and bracelets.)

but i will say possibly we are psychic cousins cuz i totally went for that rug too in your last post.

now must take a patient cat outside..xoxo

Heather Feemster said...

Ha! I just did a ring post today as well, yes I'm also getting a bit obsessed ....love your picks.

Related Posts with Thumbnails