I don't have a lot of Ikea in my house, a few bits here and there, mostly in the boys' bedrooms. It's not because I'm anti, just that I have way too much other stuff to need it.
But I do like seeing how people use it cleverly in their homes. This place is a case in point. Lots of Ikea pieces here mixed with some classic Eames, some cool wallpaper and personal touches. I particularly like what I think looks like Ikea kitchen units in the child's room, used to make a platform bed. Do you think that's what it is? That door-front profile looks familiar. If it is - that's a way sharp idea.
But my love-it-dearly detail of this place is the light shade over the dining table. Made of capiz it gives such a soft glow, but its nice to see it in a sharper, more mid-century-elliptical-bubble-lamp style than you expect to see capiz. Seriously good light.
Images from bonytt








Oh good old Ikea. Love the stuff.... useful in every abode. Do I spy a Paris button? Please tell me you are doing a daily/weekly photo of that heavenly place! I'm in. Daily stalking. A-M xx
ReplyDeleteBig Ikea fan here. I'm particularly fond of it mixed in with antiques and more designery stuff. I think it gives it more character.
ReplyDeleteI like the idea of using kitchen cabinetry in other rooms. We used kitchen doors with prettier knobs in my art studio room. It doesn't look AT ALL like a kitchen! The only thing Ikea could do to improve themselves is open in Tassie!
Not a huge fan of Ikea, however it does serve it's purpose.
ReplyDeleteI think you are right about the bed, it does look like kitchen units, how brilliant is that! thanks for sharing. Megan x
ReplyDeleteI was going to write how 'I love the timber panelling' .. and 'I love the boys bedroom' .. and 'I too love the light' .. but I decided too just write 'Love it all'. Great post (-:
ReplyDeleteTotally agree- love a little bit of IKEA here and there- any mix of high and low makes a space instantly more interesting. And that light...very good indeed!
ReplyDeleteWow, that's an impressive use of IKEA products. I think Europeans have a much better handle on how to incorporate inexpensive pieces into the mix so the room doesn't look like a dorm room.
ReplyDeleteI just screamed quietly, when i saw the purple wallpapered office! So flipping cute.
ReplyDelete