I'm noticing more and more that the hospitality world is working to create a new type of experience rather than just a service. Hotels and restaurants are tuning into design ideas that really step away from the norm. Bout bloody time I say!
I really liked this statement from their site ~ 'Rough-Luxe is a new way of looking at luxury as a moment in time and not only part of an object of consumption. Luxury is an enriching personal experience and not only an ownership of an expensive object. Therefore, the Rough-Luxe definition of Luxury is: time for reflexion, personal encounters with people, nature, architecture and environment as well as food and social and cultural experiences linked to geographic locations.'
Brilliance. Bravo.
Images from here.





Love that first one. That what a lot of people say when they look at art. So it literal and figurative. Love it.
ReplyDeletewonderful piece...love these images and the feel of these spaces..
ReplyDeleteI also prefer getting away from the normal hotel feel of things, but I would rather be in comfort than surrounded by something bizarre. Weird and edgy can be fun to look at but I don't know if I'd want to live in it for very long.
ReplyDeletethis sofas...mmmm. Very inspiring!
ReplyDelete