19.5.10

Suzani Settee





I can't imagine that I'll be giving this a try when my suzani arrives, but it is kinda wow isn't it?! I'm thinking I'd like it even better if the frame was painted gloss black.

What are your thoughts?

~I should add that this little baby is available on Etsy. I know!! Here's the link.



Images from here

14 comments:

  1. I love it. And I love the new trend to put these unique fabrics on furniture as upholstery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an unique piece...I love it!
    BTW: I am your new nr 90 ( I love it here so much)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think gloss black would look amazing, you are so right! I love this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a definite wow! Jules I love it, a very special settee.

    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh it's fab! And I agree about the frame being black :)

    Hope you're having a great week honey! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable, never fear trying things out! xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so enjoy a settee in a fun print!

    And yes- the frame in black, or white, would freshen it up a bit.

    I've been eyeing those suzanis forever too. For whatever reason, I haven't taken the plunge yet....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you are right about the black frame.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love its shape and a glossy black would help it's elegance shine even more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes to the black frame. And ... I like the pillow; I like the settee. Just maybe not both together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I nearly missed this post - thank god I've got email back-up too...

    You know, I think the original wood frame is better - it gives this piece it's authenticity; painting it black might make it look like a copy of something that it already is - a bit nouveau riche? Sorry, I know my response goes against popular opinion but I believe the authenticity of a beautiful piece of furniture should be protected at all costs. The more I look at it, the more I kinda like the fabric combo. It's confident!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks heaps for leaving me a juicy note, so glad you do! jules :)